The EU Global Facility kicks off its Workshop on “Turning Intelligence into Evidence” in the operational practice of financial investigations in Victoria, Seychelles 🇸🇨
Over the course of three days, our law enforcement and justice experts from Spain 🇪🇸, the Netherlands 🇳🇱, and France 🇫🇷 will be delivering insightful sessions on a wide range of topics:
- – Management of Financial Intelligence
- – Parallel Financial Investigation in Organised Crime
- – Role of the Prosecutor in the Management of Intelligence and Financial Investigation
- – International Legal Framework in Financial Investigation
- – Role of FIUs in the Collection and Dissemination of Intelligence
- – Investigation and Evidential Value
- – Mutual Legal Assistance in Financial Investigation/Example of MLA in a Stand-alone ML Case
- – Criminal Confiscation and Asset Forfeiture: Alternatives to Counter ML and TF
This workshop was carefully designed by our law enforcement and justice Key Experts to foster stronger links between the financial investigation and penal chain, aiming to effectively address cases of money laundering and terrorist financing. The EU Global Facility successfully launched the first iteration of this activity in Jordan back in August 2021 and has since been delivered it to partner countries including the UAE and Turkiye.
Prior to the workshop’s launch, the #EUGlobalFacility team and experts convened for a collaborative meeting with key stakeholders, including the heads of defence, intelligence, police commissioner, attorney general, head of FIU, head of tax administration, state secretary of the Ministry of Finance, head of the anti-corruption Bureau, and judges of the Supreme Court of Seychelles.