The Webinar on ‘’Strengthening Judicial Cooperation in the MENA Region: Judges and Prosecutors at the forefront of the Fight against Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing’’ is co-organised with the Siracusa International Institute for Criminal Justice and Human Rights.
◦ What works and does not work for judicial co-operation on AML/CFT matters: A high-level situation analysis for the MENA region?
◦ Countering the financing of terrorism: a specific challenge for the MENA region
◦ National strategies to ensure effective investigations and prosecutions relating to anti-money laundering (AML), counter-terrorist financing (CTF) and counter-proliferation
◦ Constitutional arguments as obstacles to judicial cooperation: contrasting myth and reality
◦ Improving the capacity of investigators and judicial systems to turn intelligence into evidence
The event is open ONLY to judges, prosecutors and law enforcement officers from the MENA region. Registration will close on 21 September 2021.