The training on Financial Investigations of ML and Corruption Offences will take place at the Dead Sea, Jordan, in the presence of officials from the European Commission and Expertise France headquarters.
The event will take place over the course of three days and cover the following topics:
- -International Standards and legislation on Money Laundering and Corruption
- -Local experience: achievements and challenges
- -Material elements constituting the offence of ML
- -How does the offence of ML relate to the predicate offence of corruption?
- -Confiscation of proceeds from corruption/laundered proceeds
- -Role of gatekeepers/ Gatekeepers used as intermediaries in facilitating ML/Corruption
- -Extraterritoriality: prosecution of legal persons and CEOs